The long winter days are coming to an end with the spring equinox just around the corner. On March 19 this year, the spring equinox is the first official day of spring, no matter what Punxsutawney Phil has to say.
If celebrating the first day of spring with yoga or sunrise hiking isn’t quite your thing, then we don’t blame you! Instead, what about welcoming in the increased sunlight by installing solar panel systems and putting all that sunlight to work for you? Here at GreenLife Technologies, we’re all about solar panel systems and solar installation year-round — this is Texas, after all. But we think there’s no time quite like the beginning of spring to get started with solar energy if it’s new to you!
In today’s blog, we’ll talk about some of the costs and benefits associated with solar panel systems so that you can start your research easily. Keep reading to learn more, and be sure to contact us for solar panel systems; we work with clients throughout Lindale, Smith County, and East Texas, and we offer a free consultation to get you started.
The Cost of Solar Panel Systems
Many people are scared at the thought of working with a solar company because of the high upfront costs of solar panel installation. Here’s what we think you should know, however:
- With incentives, the average payback period (i.e. when the system will start paying for itself) is just 3 to 5 years. Without an incentive, the payback period is still only 6 to 8 years.
- Our solar panel systems have a 25-year warranty and generally work well beyond that period.
- Electric rates have been rising at 3% per year.
- For a typical house in Texas, a solar investment will yield a rate of return as much as 18%.
- For a typical house in Texas with a 10kW system, the value added due to a solar panel system is about $30,000 to $40,000.
- The value of a house with solar panel systems increased by $20 for every $1 of yearly energy savings (according to the Appraisal Journal).
As you can see, the costs of solar energy certainly pay off. Whether you’re interested in an off-grid solar system, grid-tie solar system, or grid-tie system with a solar battery backup, solar technology will pay itself off quickly, leaving you to reap the rewards.
Let Us Handle Your Solar Panel Installation
Throughout Lindale, Smith County, and East Texas, GreenLife Technologies is your go-to source for all things solar panels. Whether you’re interested in a consultation, installation, repairs, or simply asking questions, you can count on us. Alternative energy is the future, but we can help it be your present — saving money (and the planet) as you go. Contact us today to get started with a free consultation on solar panel systems in East Texas. We’re affordable, reliable, and transparent in everything we do, and we’ll make sure you understand the process from start to finish.