Today is Earth Day, and, here at GreenLife Technologies, we couldn’t be more excited! Better yet, today is actually the holiday’s 50th anniversary! Our solar company prides itself on our commitment to sustainability, alternative energy, and financial savings for our customers.
In today’s blog, we’ll share some of the history of Earth Day and just how you can celebrate it here in East Texas. Of course, one way to celebrate involves installing a solar panel system for your home or business! Keep reading to learn more and contact us today to get started with a free consultation on a solar panel system in East Texas.
The History of Earth Day
Earth Day first began in 1970 for the purpose of educating about environmental issues. Now, it’s commonly known as Earth Week, with seven full days to focus on green living, sustainability, and more. Americans were becoming more aware of the dangerous effects of pollution in the 1960s, and activists’ protests eventually inspired the holiday we all now know and love. We have Senator Gaylord Nelson to thank for getting the entire nation involved — though we can’t deny the instrumental, life-altering power of the activists who first got involved on a smaller scale. Earth Day went global in 1990, and today is the 50th anniversary of the first-ever Earth Day.
Celebrate Earth Day by Increasing Sustainability
Throughout the world, people celebrate Earth Day in a wide variety of ways. Here are a few of our favorite recommendations for ways to celebrate — and to keep the celebration going year-round:
- Bike to work: Whether it’s just for the day or you make a habit out of it, it’s good for the planet, your wallet, and your body!
- Conserve energy: Try decreasing how much energy you use in a day, week, month, or year.
- Ditch plastic: Whether going shopping or eating out, make a commitment to decrease how much plastic you use.
- Donate to a nonprofit: Choose to donate to a nonprofit organization or another business committed to sustainability and safe practices for the environment.
- Plant a garden: It’s the perfect time to get started on your garden here in East Texas!
- Install a solar panel system: Solar energy is sustainable, cost-effective, and one of the best ways to decrease your carbon footprint.
- Spend time outside: Take a hike, go on a walk, spend time in your garden, or do anything else that will help you appreciate nature.
- Start composting: Take the plunge and begin your own composting system. Your garden will thank you!
Schedule Solar Panel System Installation in East Texas Today
Now is the time to make changes that will benefit generations to come. If you have questions about solar energy, solar panel systems, tax incentives, or anything else related to solar technology, be sure to contact us today. We’ll help you get started with a free consultation on a solar panel system in East Texas.
Check out some of these blogs for more information before you go: